Monday, 12 November 2012

Tip #11





My Tip Today Is:
Take advantage of Field Trips.
I absolutely adore field trips. I love missing school for an entire day to go and explore parts in the city! Okay well not really explore since most of our field trips have been to the same museum every year... but I still learn something every time I go! As much as I love sitting down and digging into a rich textbook, there are some things that I need to learn through experience. Take science for example. I find science textbooks and worksheets difficult to get through on my own. But when an experiment is conducted right in front of me, I feel like I really understand it's purpose.
But my favourite part of going on a field trip is buying food from the cafeteria! My school has a cafeteria too, but it's so much more fun to buy food from a new one. This is because sometimes there are better french fries or they have the option for me to buy a Slushie. Even though my mom makes me take a lunch so I don't "waste my money", I manage to sneak my lunch to some kid in my class who forgot theirs. And then I'm free! Free to buy whatever I'd like to, in an exotic cafeteria, with an unlimited amount of money! 
Another fun part about field trips is the bus ride! Being on the bus is like being in a classroom with no rules. Teachers have no control. It's awesome. All the students do is sing songs until we are told to shut up.

 

1 comment:

  1. The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round .....do you remember that song? Did you and your grade twelve class sing that song on the bus on your last field trip? You are absolutely right, the bus is half the fun. Even as a teacher, I love (especially the long trips) being on the bus and singing silly songs or playing ridiculous road trip games. I love the sign game where you have to start with "A" and find a word on any sign you pass that starts with "A" and say it aloud and then go to the next letter. First person who gets to "Z" wins the game.

    Keep treating yourself to new nails and new cafeteria food and keep posting! Ms. Morton

    ReplyDelete