Well, toady I'm going to take a break from tips...
I love cats. My friends say that I will grow up to be a crazy-cat-lady... but I think I already am. I have three Siamese cats named Coco, Cuba and Mishou. Today is going to be a bad day because, well, one of my cats has disappeared (I blame those darned Trick or Treaters). He must have somehow escaped my house last night when we were giving candy away. Coco is the eldest of the three kitties, and he is definitely the head of the house (in his eyes). Cuba and Mishou don't really know what to do without him bossing them around! Oh Coco. My biggest fear is that since he has been in indoor cat his whole life, he won't know how to survive outside. And it's starting to get cold out and I don't know what the little guy is going to do on his own. I hope he can find his way back home, because otherwise... well I think I know what will happen.
I just wanted to take this time to apologise for saying mean things to you (Coco)such as a jerk, and my least favourite cat and that I don't love you. I just said those things out of frustration, I really do love you. Anyways, I guess I never appreciated you until you were gone. Now I feel like crap. Please come home to me soon <3

Hi Maddie!
ReplyDeleteI wrote something and tried to post it but it disappeared. Having trouble submitting the word verification. If you get something twice, sorry.
I am sorry you lost your cat. I really hope he comes back safely. I see many "lost cat" signs on posts near my house. I guess cats don't think about the consequences when they scramble past you at the open door. I am sure he will be fine - cats have much more of a survival instinct than dogs.
I wanted to tell you that in reading your posts, I could totally relate to the "Sunday Spruce Up" entry. I love it when I get started early and organize my life, do laundry, get the house clean, get the groceries etc. It feels so good to know that my week will go by smoothly. Unfortunately, this doesn't quite happen often enough. Most of the time I end up furiously scrambling around on Sunday night and pretty well start my week two weeks behind. I give thanks Monday mornings when I actually get out the door dressed and with my teeth brushed. You have the discipline - keep it up. You probably save yourself so much stress and really get the most out of anxiety-free Sunday nights.
Also, I liked your post about getting a great gift. Buying clothes for your girlfriend is probably one of the greatest challenges a guy ever faces. It is a rite of passage, and ultimately, there are many casualties. I always used to think that "my guy" buys me clothes that he actually wants to see me wear. I wear predominately black and great with a splash of colour. My husband tends to buy me bright orange and red with a splash of black. See the problem.... I always unwrap a clothing gift with my game face on. My game face consists of the perfect combination and amount of surprise and "I LOVE IT" look. I have had many years to master this! Meanwhile, I am thinking to myself that when I wear this, I will basically look like a walking pumpkin. I think though that making him happy overrides everything else. Sometimes it is just important to please someone you love!
So, graciously accepting a gift is the right thing to do. Doing this and being honest at the same time is a the best thing to do. It appears you have mastered this and I hope you have a great time downtown shopping with your boyfriend. Exchange the long sweater dress for something that fits perfectly and make sure to have something awesome to eat somewhere in the market. A perfect day in the making. :) M. Morton